Can Vinyl Be Used For Roofing And Over A Living Space?
Yes! Vinyl can be used for roofing on flat roofs. Many buildings such as GM Place and all the new B.C. Transit Offices in Vancouver have used vinyl for roofing, as it has been found easy to maintain.
60 mm vinyl has been approved for living spaces by the BC Building Corporation for Vancouver and all municipalities.
Is Vinyl Decking Easy To Clean? ?
Yes, Vinyl decking is one of the easiest deck surfaces to maintain and keep clean. Typically all that is required is a scrub brush with water and dish soap,
You can use a Power Washer to a maximum of 2000 psi.
What Is The Price Range?
Prices range (depending on project size, color, and choice of vinyl)
- For Vinyl decks the prices start at $10-$15 per square foot
- For Composite decks the prices start at $20-$30 per square foot
- For Railings prices range from $50- $200 depending largely on style and types
- For Canopies prices are between $15 -40 per square foot
How Do We Prepare For The Installation?
Remove all furniture, barbecues, and plants off decks. Be sure all pets are secured inside during renovations.
What Is Flashing? / What Is PVC Flashing?
Flashing is the vinyl coated metal around the perimeter of the decking where the waters flows off the edge away from the building’s siding. It is a vinyl coated folded metal 1/2″ in size. Flashing is recommended for those who prefer decks free of drains.
PVC Flashing is made up of two parts, one part metal flashing, one part baked on PVC (vinyl). This enables the vinyl decking to be fused to the flashing making a waterproof seal.
Are You Covered By WCB ?
Yes, Arbutus Sundecks is fully compliant with WCB.
What Is The Warranty?
- For vinyl decking there is a 15 year manufacture warranty and a five year labour
- For Composite there is a 25 year manufacture and 5 year labour
- For Canopies there is a 10 year manufacture and 2 year labour
- For railings there is a 10 year manufacture and 5 year labour